Hewlett Packard, for their product portfolio management systems. As a judge, I don’t want to say anything beyond saying I think the HP team makes an outstanding Edelman Award winner. Congratulations to them and all of the other finalists.
From the OR Blogs
- Academic Summer Highlights – What Are Yours?
- Google knocks on Uber’s door with a ride-sharing service using Waze
- The American Economic Association celebrates Hal Varian as a Distinguished Fellow
- French court suspends burkini ban: repugnant or protected (or both)?
- OM in the News: Vertical Integration Benefits Luke’s Lobster
- OM in the News: RFID and Luggage Tracking
- Optimization in the news
- A Generalized Nash Equilibrium Model for Post-Disaster Humanitarian Relief – Case Study on Hurricane Katrina and Beyond
- MyOMLab: Home Page and Student Review Updates
- Back to basics: a very simple scheduling problem
- A strategic approach to small charity business planning
- Classification problems
- An exact method for finding shortest routes on a sphere, avoiding obstacles
- Exciting Times at the Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst
- Column generation for stochastic green telecommunication network planning with switchable base stations