The NSF is incredibly important to the health of the field of operations research. In addition to the “regular” grant activities (CAREER grants and basic research grants), the program director has the opportunity to make the case for having OR as part of interdisciplinary and exploratory research directions. I hope someone good finds this an interesting opportunity. Robert Sloan has an interesting article on the joys of being a program director in computer science.
From the OR Blogs
- Quantum query complexity: the other shoe drops
- New preprint on track layouts
- Extending UberFire with AngularJS for the BPMS Domain
- Uberfire, Drools and jBPM High Level Roadmap Slides and Videos from Red Hat Summit 2015
- OM in the News: United Turns to Farm Waste for Jet Power
- Number of the Day: 1