The NSF is incredibly important to the health of the field of operations research. In addition to the “regular” grant activities (CAREER grants and basic research grants), the program director has the opportunity to make the case for having OR as part of interdisciplinary and exploratory research directions. I hope someone good finds this an interesting opportunity. Robert Sloan has an interesting article on the joys of being a program director in computer science.
From the OR Blogs
- Tabletop season 3 – the complete list of games and players
- Congrats to the ChoiceNet Future Internet Architecture Team on the Success of their Tutorial at GEC 21!
- A new book on decision modeling and process modeling with BPMN/DMN
- introducing Badger Bracketology, a tool for forecasting the NCAA football playoff
- Recent articles on kidney exchange
- CVRS in 2010 Report