The NSF is incredibly important to the health of the field of operations research. In addition to the “regular” grant activities (CAREER grants and basic research grants), the program director has the opportunity to make the case for having OR as part of interdisciplinary and exploratory research directions. I hope someone good finds this an interesting opportunity. Robert Sloan has an interesting article on the joys of being a program director in computer science.
From the OR Blogs
- Photos from the INFORMS Tune-Up Today at the Isenberg School – See you in San Francisco
- Daylight Saving Time Origins: From Ben Franklin to WWI Germany
- Invasive Species, PTAs and Fantasy Football (Statshot)
- Deceased donor waiting times, and OrganJet
- Future Transportation in a Connected World
- Halloween stuff and Tabletop stuff