The NSF is incredibly important to the health of the field of operations research. In addition to the “regular” grant activities (CAREER grants and basic research grants), the program director has the opportunity to make the case for having OR as part of interdisciplinary and exploratory research directions. I hope someone good finds this an interesting opportunity. Robert Sloan has an interesting article on the joys of being a program director in computer science.
From the OR Blogs
- Teaching Tip: Why Supply Chain Management Matters
- Having the BEST Job in the World – that of a Business Prof
- Harvard Junior Faculty Job Search
- More Tornadoes Recorded Doesn’t Mean More Tornadoes Occurring
- Talking to Your Phone, Dining Out and Slower Runs (Statshot)
- Nominating a repugnant transaction